Login to Complete An Application
June 28, 2019: Entry Deadline
The entry site will close on Friday, June 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time and payment must be received at that time. Due to the short turnaround time to meet our deadlines there will be no extensions.
PHTA will acknowledge that your entry has been received by an automatic e-mail response. This information will NOT be given out over the phone, so please make sure PHTA has your correct e-mail address.
August 30, 2019: Award Recipient Notification
Recipient notification will be sent by email to the primary’s contact’s e-mail address no later than August 30, 2019 to whether or not they have won awards. Results will NOT be given out over the phone, so please make sure PHTA has your correct e-mail.
Monday, November 4, 2019: Award Recognition
The International Awards of Excellence program and reception will be held on Monday, November 4, 2019 in New Orleans. The program and reception will run in conjunction with the 2019 International Pool| Spa| Patio Expo.
Entry Rules and Regulations
Each entry must contain the following:
- At least two digital photos. Each photo must show a different view of the installation.
- Each photo must be in high resolution–300 pixels per inch or higher–and at least 6.5 inches by 10 inches, in high-quality jpg format. Digital cameras can be set up to automatically take pictures at this size and resolution. If you are scanning a photo print, or using a photo that has been saved in another format (such as PSD), select Save As: JPG, and select the highest image quality/largest file.
- Five (5) photos may be submitted for the Pool Renovation Category.
- All pictures submitted must be taken by you or your photographer and cannot be commercial images from any other source.
- Images may not be cosmetically enhanced or altered.
Why should photos be in high resolution (300 pixels per inch/ 12 pixels per mm or higher)?
Low resolution photos look fine on the Internet, but not in print. Instead of looking smooth and sharp, edges look jagged and “pixelated.” The whole picture tends to look muddy and out of focus. If you want magazines to use your photo rather than a competitor’s, use a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch.
A nonrefundable entry fee in the amount of $149 U.S. dollars per entry must accompany each entry form. Payment can be made by credit card (we accept VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) Check payments are accepted only when submitting bulk entries.
Special Entry Fee Bulk Entry Discount:
- 6-10 entries - $129
- 11 and above - $99
For entries to be considered by the judges, they must meet the following criteria:
- Installations must have been completed during the five-year period prior to entry deadline (except for entries in the “Classic Residential Pools” category).
- An installation may not be entered in more than one category in any given year.
- An installation may be resubmitted in subsequent competitions if it meets the above eligibility and has not won a medal (i.e., Gold, Silver, or Bronze) in a previous year. (An entry may be resubmitted if it has won an Award of Merit in a previous year.)
- No awards will be given to any entries obviously not in compliance with applicable ANSI Standards. Any entry that does not adhere to the rules and regulations of the competition may be disqualified. Entries depicting use of any alcoholic beverages are not eligible for any award. Entrants will not be notified if an entry is disqualified, nor will entry fees be refunded.
By virtue of making application, all entrants agree to observe completely the Entry Rules and Regulations.
All entrants recognize that the International Awards of Excellence competition is essentially an aesthetic and technical competition, and agree that they will make no assertion or indicate that design soundness or safety considerations in the competition are evaluated in any manner. PHTA makes no affirmations or certifications nor does it render any opinion with respect to the design soundness or safety of any entries or award recipients, nor as to whether any entry or award-winning installation conforms in any respect with any ANSI Standard or any other applicable government code or regulation. All entrants recognize that the only affirmations of compliance with any standard, code or regulations are those made by entrants themselves, and entrants or recipients will make no representations to the contrary.
By virtue of making application, all entrants agree to waive any right of action against PHTA for any loss that might be related directly to participation in the International Awards of Excellence competition, or denial thereof. Further, entrants agree to hold PHTA harmless as to any loss that might be related directly to participation in the competition, or denial thereof.